· A Mass Air Flow Sensor is one of the important components of a vehicle as it measures how much air enters the engine and informs the Engine Control Unit about it. When it fails or faults, the vehicle does not perform as expected. In such a case, the best option is to buy a new Mass Air Flow Sensor and get it installed.
Locate the mass airflow sensor near the engine air filter housing. Press the red clip slightly to unlock it. Unplug the electrical connector from the mass airflow sensor. Remove the screws that hold the mass airflow sensor in place. Remove the sensor. Install the new MAF on your Chevrolet. Tighten the screws so that they are snug.
· Shop for New Auto Parts at Auto shows you how to remove, install, fix, change or replace a broken Mass Airf...
Need to replace your defective Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor? Then shop at 1A Auto for a high quality, aftermarket Air Flow Meter replacement for your car, truck, SUV or van, at a great price. 1A Auto has a large selection of MAF Sensors for many makes and models, and ground shipping is always free! Visit us online or call 8888443393 and order today!
· How to replace an automotive mass air flow sensor P0100, P0101, P0102, P0103 and P0104, though appearances may vary, the process is similar for most vehicles. Begin with the vehicle on level ground, parking brake on, engine off.
The mass airflow sensor is the component used for detecting the flow of air that is entering the engine of a car. The airflow sensor collects details to determine the amount of needed fuel. After collecting the information, the details will be sent to the Engine Control Unit.
If you remove the mounting bolts and wiring harness, you can remove the entire mass airflow sensor unit and open it to expose the sensor. The sensor is a small unit with two exposed wires; the wires heat up when the car is running, and the MAF measures the airflow by detecting how quickly the flow of air cools the temperature of the wires.
Confirm New Password . Create Account Forgot Password: ... Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Connector. ... CHEVROLET > 2004 > TRAILBLAZER > L6 > Exhaust Emission > Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor. Price: No parts for vehicles in selected markets. NTK Sensor and Housing Assembly . Trailblazer Base Model.
· Important tips to consider when replacing a Mass Air Flow (MAF) :1) Check for trouble codes; the vehicle may have problems preventing the ...
Remove the air box cover and pull the air filter out. Loosen the band clamps on the intake tubing with a screwdriver and pull the intake tubing off of the air box. Unplug the electrical connection to the MAF sensor and pull the MAF sensor out of the air tube assembly. Install the new mass airflow sensor and put the air box assembly back together.
MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR INVESTIGATION. No dealership or service provider, when contacted, has ever been able to provide us with evidence to support this "myth," and in fact, our investigations have revealed that even authorized dealerships are simply speculating and do not have the test equipment necessary to know whether the sensor has failed or why.
· SOURCE: 2004 Chevy Trailblazer radio and CD player works, but no sound if you have installed a new cd player in there then the propblem could be that your speaker wires and either touching each other or grounding them selfs out.. pull of the cd player and check to make sure all the speaker wires are covered properly and no bare wires are exposed.. if you still have a factory cd …
· A MAF sensor code. Lean and/or rich code (s). Fuel trim code (s). A tremendous lack of power upon acceleration. Black smoke coming from the tailpipe. Vehicle may idle rough and stall. As stated before, the Mass Air Flow Test is a very easy and simple test but there are a couple of things that have to be done first.
The air is then mixed with the fuel, and combustion is the result. This is what propels the car. There is a sensor on the air intake called the mass air flow sensor. This sensor calculates how much air to mix with the fuel. If you are using a cold air intake, the MAF sensor might not be calculating properly.
Mass Air Flow Sensor Sensor with Housing, and Liter Engines. Part Number: RA31670001. Vehicle Info Required to Guarantee Fit. + Core Charge. Add to cart. Vehicle Fitment. 2002 2005 Audi A4 Base 6 Cyl
· The stock mass airflow sensor is designed for stock tuning (air and fuel flow) and will not automatically recalibrate for additional air flow. Upgraded intakes can lose power with newer cars because most use MAFbased fueling. With a change of pipe size, the fueling is affected, and the factory ECU is calibrated to the stock size.
Faulty Bosch Mass Air Flow sensor The graph below was measured on a 81kW TDI (engine AFN, after 180,000 km) under WOT (wide open throttle). As can be seen clearly, the specified air flow is much higher than the actual (measured) air flow. Turbo pressure reached 2000mbar, so turbo seems to be fine. Also the intake
· no,you don''t need to mess with the PCM at all.. Sign in to reply. JOHHNYJ on November 23, 2016. Thanks, dealer wanted to charge me 400 to replace MAF and then 110 to reflash PCM. I am opting to try it myself but wanted to make sure the PCM did not really need to be reflashed like they said because I can''t do that myself.
To clean or replace your mass air flow sensor, you need to disconnect it from the air flow system of your engine. The mass air flow sensor is located behind your air filter housing toward the rear of your engine. It is a squareinshape attachment that is bolted onto the air flow tube. The sensor is also connected to ...
Improve air flow and measure it accurately. Check out our huge selection of mass air flow sensors for a wide variety of vehicle applications. Top brands like Jet, BBK, Delphi, Denso, Bosch and more. Read customer maf reviews! Click or call 8005448778.
· Torx set (sometimes) 1 Disconnect the negative battery terminal. 2 Unplug the electrical connector on the mass air flow sensor. 3 Use a flathead screwdriver to unfasten the air intake hose clamp at the throttle body. Remove the clips securing the air filter housing and lift out the air intake tube. This is a good time to replace the air filter. 4
· Q: Rough idle after replacing Mass Air Flow Sensor trouble codes P0171 and P0102. Was having problems with car turning off at red light or when coming to a stop. Check engine light indicated mass air flow sensor. Replaced air filter and maf sensor. Problems with vehicle turning off seemed to go away but now I have a rough Idle.