· I have a mechanical temp gauge sensor in my intake; I want to put a sender for my "TEMP" warning light in the head. I''ve also got a "T" for my threaded oil pressure port near the distributor. I want to put in a sender for my "OIL" light, as well as the mechanical oil pressure gauge that I have. I run a 180* thermostat.
· 210 Posts. 4 · May 29, 2011. Temp sensor should be on the drivers side head near 3 spark plug. Oil sender should be above the oil filter , with an 1/8 inch pipe plug. Some big blocks have the temp sensor in the intake near the thermostat. I don''t recall any big blocks with the oil sensor behind the distributor!! S.
· Code p0599. New thermostat housing, new temp sensors, yes both sensors. new pigtail on sensor in thermostat housing. Answered by a verified Chevy Mechanic
Code p0599. New thermostat housing, new temp sensors, yes both sensors. new pigtail on sensor in thermostat housing. Answered by a verified Chevy Mechanic
Thermostat Housings, Filler Necks, Restrictors Water Outlet Housing. There are a number of thermostat housings and water necks to help you locate your radiator hose in the right direction or dressup the top of your engine. JEGS offers several straight, swivel, 90 degree and angled water necks in chrome, billet aluminum and other materials!
· Discussion Starter · 1 · Oct 27, 2010. Only show this user. So, I have a 1994 Chevy Silverado 1500 2wd with a 350 cu in TBI with a bad coolent temp sensor. The old one kept reading 160, so my gas mileage sucked. For the life of me I can not find a replacement one that is an exact replacement. They keep giving me these 2 pin coolant temp sensors.
· Doing a head swap on 1979 350 with Vortec heads, the original temp sensor is larger then vortec''s, anyone have a part number or the size to get for...
· The temp sensor controls the computer for your fi and is located in the intake. Under the thermostat housing that has 2 ports for sensors/switch. Buy assault racing products a9468 chevy v8 chrome thermostat housing w temp port sbc bbc: Set the new gasket in place and install the thermostat housing and .
· I went to the parts store and got a brass plug for the sensor hole in the vortec head. Then I got a Mr. Gasket radiator cap with a temp gauge on it! I plan to set up full instrumentation in the future OR use one of the thermostat housings that has a sensor hole in it.
Find CHEVROLET /350 Coolant Temperature Sensors and get Free Shipping on Orders Over 99 at Summit Racing!
· It must be electronic somehow. In addition, I can see that the Dorman thermostat housing/thermostat I installed came with a new temp sensor already installed in the housing. So, it is only 2 weeks old. It does look like to me that the wiring for the radiator sensor goes over to where the fan wiring goes.
· Should I put my coolant temperature sending unit in the head or in the intake manifold next to the thermostat housing/coolant outlet? It would be easier for me to put it in the ... mild Vortec head 385 stroker, comp. Lunati Voodoo 262/268 hyd. ft ... How is that possible if the temp sensor is reading the coolant temp inside the intake ...
Spectre thermostat housings are an easy and affordable way to give your engine a clean and professional appearance. Designed for a variety of V8 engines, Spectre''s water necks are precision engineered for optimum fit and function. Offered in both polished aluminum and triplechrome plated finishes.
· The temp sensor is likely the culprit and it appears to be a 3/8" NPT which I think is a TS76 (GM 8993146). Makes sense as this has a vortec head crate motor. At 110 degrees it was at approximately 1100ohms. Does anyone know what the correct ohm rating on the sensor which works with the original temp gauge?
· The thermostat housing is a bad location for the temp gauge sender. If the thermostat fails or if there is an air bubble, the gauge won''t tell you that you are destroying your engine from overheating because it is downstream from the thermostat. Putting emission controls sensor on the thermostat housing is one thing, but putting something that ...
· In this video, I show how to replace the thermostat and engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor in a 2002 Honda Odyssey that was displaying error codes P0118...
· It must be electronic somehow. In addition, I can see that the Dorman thermostat housing/thermostat I installed came with a new temp sensor already installed in the housing. So, it is only 2 weeks old. It does look like to me that the wiring for the radiator sensor goes over to …
· 1,604. Likes Received: 12. Joined: Feb 27, 2010. Location: Central New Yorkistan. Should I put my coolant temperature sending unit in the head or in the intake manifold next to the thermostat housing/coolant outlet? It would be easier for me to put it in the intake manifold. however, I want to get the correct reading.